Admissions to Lucy Daniels School
Lucy Daniels School provides a supportive school environment for children who cannot manage or perform well in their current school setting.
Tuition and Fees
We work with families to determine the best affordable options for our comprehensive, individualized services. The amount of Lucy Daniels School tuition and fees may vary depending on a child’s grade, reimbursements from health insurance, and eligibility for scholarships we offer. We will discuss specific costs with you during the assessment process.
You may also want to look into the affiliation we have with the North Carolina Special Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA). If your child qualifies for an NC special education grant or has an Individual Education Plan, you can receive as much as $8,000 per year towards tuition,
For more information, email Deborah Mugno or call (919) 677-1400, x130 or click the button below to set up a virtual meeting.
Your Child’s Assessment
Matching your child’s emotional, social, and academic needs with our program is the focus of our comprehensive approach to assessment. After filling out the Request for Consultation form, you will meet with one of our administrators to discuss your child and our school program. The next steps typically include:
Further meetings with you to learn about your child’s background
Two or more play-based sessions between our clinicians, teachers, a school director, and your child (plus you if your child is five or younger)
Observation (with your permission) of your child in his/her current classroom
Standard psychological or developmental assessments if we feel they would be helpful in understanding your child
This process is usually completed within three to four weeks.
If Lucy Daniels School with its associated services from the Center is not the ideal approach, we will recommend other treatment options or programs in the community that would best suit your child’s social, emotional, and academic needs.
Take the next step with us!
We invite you to call, email, or visit to begin a discussion about whether Lucy Daniels School is the right choice for your child. Contact: Deborah Mugno (Elementary School) or Jennifer Reid (Early School) or call (919) 677-1400 or Complete our online form and we will contact you!
License and Certification
Lucy Daniels School is proud to be rated a 5-Star Preschool, the highest rated license standard administered by the North Carolina Division of Child Development, Department of Health and Human Services. This designation confirms that teachers at Lucy Daniels School hold the highest level degree of education, our classroom environment is outstanding, and we offer the highest standards of student to teacher ratios.
What Does This Mean for a Lucy Daniels Preschool Student?
- Teacher-to-student ratios are very low. This allows the teachers to create relationships and provide individualized attention.
- Children are provided with a variety of materials to play and learn with. Children explore an ever-changing environment that keeps him/her interested in learning.
- The highest sanitation practices are followed by staff and students. Children’s needs are met in a positive and timely manner.
- Children will have many opportunities throughout the day for free play. During free center time, children are able to develop cognitive, motor, and social skills.
- Foundations for strong reading and literacy skills are an important part of the day, and such efforts are geared to each child’s current level of development.
- All lead teachers have a degree in early childhood education or the equivalent.
- All teachers continue to attend classes and conferences to keep up to date on the latest in early childhood practices.
Lucy Daniels School is licensed by the N.C. Department of Non-Public Education.