Lucy Daniels Center is currently accepting applications for
Director of Operations and
Farley-Manning Family Guidance Service Mental Health Clinician
Director of Operations
As a critical part of the leadership team, the Director of Operations will report to the Executive / Clinical Director and will be called upon to lead the operational capacity of the organization. The successful candidate is highly organized, and able to take initiative, working autonomously and with the team. This individual will be a strategic business partner with the Executive / Clinical Director and work collaboratively with the Board and staff. The successful candidate can operate in a fast-paced environment while remaining good-natured, resourceful, and efficient. A high level of maturity, integrity, professionalism, discretion, sound judgment, tact, confidentiality, and self-care are crucial.
The Director of Operations will develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate The Lucy Daniels Center’s organizational objectives. The Director of Operations & Administration will be called upon to fulfill the following key responsibilities:
Operations Strategy and Management
- Oversee and ensure the successful implementation of fiscal management, human resources, facilities management, general administration, and information technology activities, policies, and procedures, promoting and supporting The Lucy Daniels Center’s culture, vision, and values.
- Manage a portion of incoming referrals in collaboration with the Executive / Clinical Director and ensure appropriate follow up. Develop and monitor systems for ongoing communication with pediatricians and other professional referral sources.
- Manage contracts, including annual staff agreements and all contracts related to the agency’s facilities and business operations.
- Oversee board and committee meeting scheduling, preparation, logistics, and follow up.
- Ensure proper documentation of activities, including transcription of meeting notes, surveys, evaluations, and document retention.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of accounting; including deposits, expenditures, receipts, invoices, and timesheets, ensuring that all revenues are booked, and expenses are paid in a timely manner.
- Oversee part-time accountant and ensure accurate financial reconciliation occurs at the end of each month. Provide relevant logs and other documentation to Lucy Daniels Center’s accounting firm for production of monthly financial reports.
- Assist Executive / Clinical Director and the Director of Development with annual and grant-related budget preparation. Serve as a thought partner with the Director of Development to ensure the strategies, systems and processes are in place to support the growth of contributed revenue.
- Ensure systems are in place for collecting tuition, billing, and annual consent documentation.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and documentation of all HR functions including and related to recruitment, hiring, termination, compensation, benefits administration, professional training and development, and performance management.
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance, process timely and appropriate insurance renewals, and make HR policy and procedure recommendations.
- In collaboration with the Executive / Clinical Director, plan staff meetings and other activities to facilitate communications and maintain morale.
- Serve as the staff lead for the Board of Directors Facility Committee. Ensure facilities and land are strategically maintained.
- Evaluate office space needs, configuration, and associated costs. Explore and implement opportunities to make physical and digital changes to facilitate efficiency, communications, client service, and effective utilization of The Lucy Daniels Center’s resource. Ensure a schedule for maintenance is created and maintained.
- Develop and implement risk management plans, policies, and procedures to ensure staff and property safety.
Technology and Data Management
- Drive the development, implementation, and maintenance of a technology plan that supports The Lucy Daniels Center’s programmatic, project management, communications, fundraising, and productivity needs.
- Evaluate system security and overall optimization.
- Support data entry and data management/maintenance on a variety of systems and platforms. Generate reports, conduct research, and analyze data on a variety of measures.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
The Director of Operations must demonstrate a passion for and willingness to support The Lucy Daniels Center’s mission, vision, values, and work. The ideal candidate will possess sufficient experience to execute the responsibilities of the position and demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate degree, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in nonprofit accounting, operations, human resources, or relevant field.
- Considerable knowledge of nonprofit laws, policies, procedures, principles, methods, and techniques of efficient administration, including human resources, facilities and office management, technology implementation, budgeting and financial management, and evaluation of business operations.
- Understanding and appreciation of diversity, equity and inclusion, and desire and humility to grow and learn with the team.
- Process orientation with experience creating and improving upon systems.
- A willingness to seek out information and resources to work through complex problems.
- Strong reading, writing and administrative skills; ability to communicate clearly in oral written and numeric forms.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, and ability to successfully manage multiple and sometimes competing projects, tasks, and deadlines.
- An unwavering attention to detail and an aptitude for information management.
- Experience generating reports and using them to analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, analytical, and negotiating skills to interact with a broad range of individuals in a professional and pleasant manner.
- A personal commitment to excellence and strong organizational skills, accuracy, and ability to successfully manage multiple and sometimes competing projects, tasks, and deadlines.
- Experience supporting senior staff, Board and/or supervising staff, interns and/or volunteers.
- Willingness to extend kindness, compassion and accountability to oneself and others.
- Proficient with computer skills and knowledge of database programs.
- Willingness to operate in compliance with organizational policies and procedures and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Sense of humor and ability to have fun.
This position will manage the Office Manager, the Family Guidance Services Administrator, a part time Accountant, and receptionist. This position reports to the Executive / Clinical Director and will interact regularly with all members of the staff as well as key stakeholders, including members of the Board of Directors and its committees, clients, community members, other volunteers, donors, and partners.
This is a full-time position with benefits that include paid holidays, paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, and life insurance.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Armstrong McGuire & Associates, based in Raleigh, NC is supporting the Lucy Daniels Center in this search. To apply, click on the link to the position profile at www.ArmstrongMcGuire.com/apply. You will see instructions for uploading your cover letter, resume and professional references. In case of any technical problems, contact email@example.com. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled. No phone calls or emails please.
Click Here to download a .pdf version of the full job description
Farley-Manning Family Guidance Service Mental Health Clinician
Full-Time fully licensed mental health clinician needed to provide services to children and parents. Psychodynamic background and experience with children required. Competitive salary including full benefits. MSW, Ph.D., Psy.D. or equivalent required. Include resume and letter explaining background with children and families as well as psychodynamic training/experience/interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lucy Daniels Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.