- The Lucy Daniels Center for Early Childhood Education is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit, charitable organization legally incorporated and licensed with the State of North Carolina.
- The Lucy Daniels Center is a licensed mental health facility by the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services.
- The Lucy Daniels School is licensed by the N.C. Department of Non-Public Education
- The Lucy Daniels School is proud to be rated a 5-Star Preschool, the highest rated license standard administered by the North Carolina Division of Child Development, Department of Health and Human Services. This designation confirms that teachers at Lucy Daniels School hold the highest level degree of education, our classroom environment is outstanding, and we offer the highest standards of student to teacher ratios. This means:
- Teacher-to-student ratios are very low, allowing teachers to create and nurture meaningful relationships and provide individualized attention.
- Students are provided with a variety of materials to play and learn with. Children explore an ever changing environment that keeps him/her interested in learning.
- The highest sanitation practices are followed by staff and students. Children’s needs are met in a positive and timely manner.
- Students will have many opportunities throughout the day for free play, supporting cognitive, motor, and social skills.
- Foundations for strong reading and literacy skills are an important part of the day, and such efforts are geared to each child’s current level of development.
- All lead teachers have a degree in early childhood education or the equivalent.
- All teachers continue to attend classes and conferences to keep up-to-date on the latest in early childhood practices.
For more information on the 5-Star Program Accreditation, please click here