Children’s mental health is our priority at the Lucy Daniels Center, where we help children with emotional, mental and social challenges succeed through in-depth evaluation and treatment, family involvement and education. Founded 26 years ago, we are the largest provider in the Triangle, N.C. of mental health services for children from birth to age 11, the time of life when the most effective interventions are possible.
Our multidisciplinary team, which includes recognized experts in mental health and education, works together with families to provide a uniquely comprehensive approach, delivering individualized treatment to each child.
Our services include:
- Therapeutic classroom settings for preschool through Grade 5 children at the Lucy Daniels School.
- Onsite and in-home clinical programs providing therapy for children and families.
- SecurePath, a comprehensive mental health service for children birth-5 years old. SecurePath is delivered in conjunction with Wake County SmartStart’s initiative to ensure that emotionally at-risk young children have early intervention services to better prepare them for success in school and life.
- Lucy’s Link, providing observations and assessments for young children in the community.
- Lucy Listens, short-term, solutions-focused telehealth support for parents and their children provided by a licensed mental health counselor at no cost in response to the Covid-19 crisis.
For a brochure about the Center and our programs for children, please click here.
The Lucy Daniels Center was founded in 1989 to provide mental health services to children and families in the Raleigh, N.C. area. We serve nearly 700 children and their families each year. We believe that the earlier a child’s challenges are addressed, the better the chance to help that child develop socially and academically.
Our founder, Dr. Lucy Daniels, noted author and psychologist, founded the Lucy Daniels Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering emotional and creative freedom through education, outreach and psychoanalytic treatment and research; and the Lucy Daniels Center for Early Childhood, now known as The Lucy Daniels Center, to promote the emotional development of young children and their parents.